Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Highlights

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving filled with lots of family, friends, love and laughter. The feast was Delicious and definitely worth all of the many hours that went into the preparation and cooking. My mom is the best cook ever! It was great seeing family and catching up. Later that night, some of us stayed up late and played games. It was a lot of fun to get to do things that you don't get to do very often and to spend time with those you treasure and don't get the opportunity to see as much as you like. I am very thankful for Thanksgiving and for the opportunity it gives us to be with those we love :)


On another note, it is a tradition in my family to wake up early on Black Friday to go shopping. So, crack of dawn at 4am, my mother, sister and I braved the stampede at Walmart at 4:30am. It was cccrrraazzy,but I got some cool deals. Then we booked it over to Target at 6am and got some steals there too. People can seriously go nuts to get the things that they want. Fortunately, we all came out of it without a scratch (although Melinda, my sister, did drop a doll on someone else's head) and were done shopping by 8am! Fun stuff!

No comments: