Sunday, December 7, 2008

Parade of Lights

Saturday my friend Bridget invited us up to Denver to watch the Parade of Lights. I thought it was a very festive idea and it would totally be fun to take the girls up there. I knew they would love it and Lily is finally old enough to be able to really enjoy this kind of stuff. So, I invited my sister and she brought some of her friends and we all made the hour drive up to Denver. There were sooo many people there and finding an actual place where we could see was tough, but we found a spot that worked. The floats were so awesome and so bright. Alex and Lily were both mesmerized by all the colors and music. Lily loved the marching bands. She had the best seat in the house being passed from shoulders to shoulders. Auntie Bridget's shoulders, of course, were the best! Then when Santa came, Lily just couldn't believe her eyes! She just sat there frozen with her mouth hanging open! It was so cute and funny! You would have thought that she had just witnessed a miracle! After the parade, we went to dinner where Alex fell out of the high chair and landed on her face on the pavement. Luckily, she came away with only a minor scrape on her forehead, but I came away feeling like the worst mother in the world! I swear I only glanced away for a second! All in all, it was a very good night and I am glad that I was able to share the Christmas festivities with my children!

Pictures from the parade:

Lilyana and Teddy
Best seat in the house!

Mommy and Alex

Float

We are so cool!

Backwards carouselCarrie, Alex and Auntie Mel
Santa Clause!!!
Lily's stunned and amazed face!

Mel and Danielle

Lily loves her Bridget and Teddy

Katie, Lee and Alex
Alex before the fall

Me!!!

No comments: