Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve at the Cordova's

Christmas Eve was a blast. We went over to my mom's house like we do every year and had a great dinner. My mom is the best cook so we are so lucky to get to eat some delicious food. This year, she made homemade lasagna with cheesy garlic bread. It was so yummy. Alex enjoyed it so much that we had to give her a bath! She was covered! It was even in her hair! Earlier that day Lily and I had made a "Happy Birthday, Jesus" brownie cake. When I explained to Lily that Christmas was Jesus' birthday, she insisted that we make a birthday cake and sing "Happy Birthday" to Him. So after dinner, we sang the birthday song, Lily excitedly blew out the candles, and then we got to eat some fabulous tasting brownies. After dessert, we each got to open up our Christmas jammies and one present. Lily was thrilled and wasted no time ripping apart the paper. She was so excited to get Dora jammies! She also got a camera from Uncle Wayne and Aunt Julia and some more jammies for Auntie Bridget and Uncle Teddy (they surprised us with a visit.) Alex got a Potato Head from Wayne and Julie and a cute coverall outifit from Bridget and Teddy. Then we played some games (we adults stayed up 'til the wee hours of the morning.) Michael, I, and the girls spent the night over at my parents house, so that we could share Christmas morning together. It was a very fun night. I love being together with my family and friends!

No comments: