Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Day PARTY!!!

I really love to celebrate the holidays with my kids no matter how big or small they are. It is a great excuse to spoil the kids and stuff them with lots of sweets and goodies you wouldn't normally give them! This year, I wanted to make Valentine's Day fun and extra special for the kids, so I made a few exciting plans :) (We celebrated on Friday with the daycare kiddos.) I started hyping up Lily for this day a few days earlier to get her really excited. Come Valentine's Day morning, she was super hyper! She wanted to tell everyone (even people who called) "Happy Valentine's Day! I love you!" For breakfast, the kids got treated to chocolate iced doughnuts with sprinkles. This was a big hit and a great way to start off the day! Alex loved hers so much it was gone in literally two minutes!!!Then we did a really fun art project. I cut out big heart shapes from wax paper and used a paint brush to spread dilute glue over the surface. Then the kids stuck on colored tissue paper squares to make a suncather.
Later, I painted the kids hands and let them put their handprints on heart shaped cutouts ( I tried to get their handprints to resemble hearts as much as possible!) to give to someone special! Lily loves anything to do with messy, so she was thrilled with this craft!


For lunch I made grilled cheese sandwiches and used a cookie cutter to cut them into heart shapes ( a big hit!)



Then after nap, it was PARTY TIME!!! We had these cute little sugar cookies with heart faces on them, as well as, pink iced sugar cookies with heart shaped sprinkles, carmel popcorn, muddy buddy chex mix and pink strawberry flavored milk.


THEY LOVED IT!!!!

It was a very rewarding day! The look on their faces said it all! I can't wait for St. Patty's day and Easter next! Whoo hoo!

No comments: