Monday, April 13, 2009

Kids Easter "Party"

I love doing little parties and having fun activities for the kids during the holidays. I love how excited they get! Lily is really starting to get into the holidays now and she gets super hyper when one is uopn us. I told her we would have a little party for Easter. Her response, "Oh, thank you, Mommy! I just can't wait!"

So, during nap time, I ventured out and thought I would try and be creative and make some really cute bunny rabbit shaped rice krispie treats. I bought this really neat bunny shaped cookie cutter and I had just been dying to use it. So, I made up my batch of rice krispie treat mix (first time ever making it Boy, does that stuff get sticky!!!) and created these cute little guys! I must say that I was pretty impressed with myself! It was a lot of work cutting out these bunnies and decorating them so cute! By the time I had finished with them, I didn't have time to make anything else, so I guess it wasn't much for a party! Good thing they are so easy to please when it comes to goodies!But we did make these adorable little bunny hats for them to wear during their party. The kids thought wearing the hats was so cool and funny. They scarfed down the bunny krispie treats and munched on some left over M&M's. Oh, the simple joys in life!

No comments: