Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Little Picasso


Lilyana LOVES LOVES LOVES ART and everything to do with it! She is so into painting, watercoloring, sponging, gluing, coloring and anything else that is messy. I love to watch her while she is creating one of her "masterpieces." She is so concentrated and focused on the task at hand. Lily enjoys that I keep all of her art supplies within her reach, so she can get into them any time she wants. (I try not to be too much of a "neat freak" when it comes to her art. I hate messes!) She likes to point out the colors that she is using and the shapes that she is making. She is very smart and is very familiar with all of her colors and shapes! When she is finished "creating," she is so proud of herself and loves to show off her work, "Look a me, mommy!" Then we talk about her picture and go to the refrigerator and I hand her a magnet, so that she can hang it up by herself. (She has become very independent and likes to do everything herself.) Lilyana seems to always notice when my attention is focused elsewhere. She never fails to seize these opportunities to turn my table, floor, my carpet, and even herself into a "work of art." Watch out Picasso! You have some competition!

No comments: