Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy

Yesterday, Michael and Aunt Felicia took Lily to Palmer Lake for her first fishing trip. She was so excited and pumped up to go, probably just as much as Michael! I wanted to be there, but unfortunately, I had to stay home with the other two kids. (Alexandria and Alexis-daycare kid.) It didn't take long for them to get their first catch of the day. Michael called me very excited to tell me that Lily had caught her first fish! Then Lily got on the phone and delightedly told me, "I got fish in the water!" She was so happy. Auntie Felicia did take pictures of the catch, but, to my dismay, my dumb camera has a problem with deleting the pictures sometimes when the battery gets low. Sadly, this was the case and we lost those incredible photos of Lilyana in all her glory. I was so sad! =*( I was told she was dancing around and squealing and laughing at the sight of the big fish! The picture of Lily and Felicia in front of Palmer Lake was the only photo that was salvaged.

But, after they got home from their trip,( Lily was very stinky and dirty!) we took these ones in front of our house to document the great event. Michael and Lily's enthusiasm almost mirror each other. Both giddy kids!

This is my absolute favorite picture. I love the look to it. A father sharing his passion with his daughter.









Lily was afraid to touch the fish, so I told her to feed it some grass. So, now it looks like she is touching the fish. Great photo tip, huh! LOL!

Later that evening, since they'd all had so much fun fishing, we decided to take a drive up to Pikes Peak and go to Crystal Creek Resevoir and try our luck there. This time Alex and I got to go! Yippppeeee!!! They set up by the lake and waited for a bite. . .

while I took these adorable pictures of Alex. :)













And even got this cute shot of both girls! AMAZING!
Meanwhile, Michael was still waiting patiently for the fish to come. Maybe that is why I do not like fishing; the anticipation. I hate the wait and there is never any guarantee you'll win.
Michael even shared the fishing pole with the girls.
How nice of him ;)
















I was very happy to be in a picture too since I am USUALLY
the one BEHIND the camera

Then, happily, only after a half an hour, it started to rain :( So, we quickly put on our jackets and gathered up everything . . .



and headed for the car. On the way down the mountain, we saw this breathtaking scenery
So, naturally, I had to snap a picture. This is why I love Colorado! BEAUTIFUL!

No comments: