Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sawyer's FIRST Birthday

So, I am so behind on blogging it is ridiculous! Sawyer hit his first birthday milestone on February 24th. I don't know why, but his first year seemed to go by the fastest. We had a wonderful party with family and friends. I can't believe that my baby has turned one and what a miracle he is! Sawyer is such a light to everyone in our family. We all love him so much. The girls love him annoyingly, but he is such a good sport in putting up with their "affections." Sawyer is and has always been such a happy baby. He is always smiling and cooing and laughing. He makes my heart feel so full and my soul burst with joy. It is so hard for me to watch him grow up when he was may baby for so long. He was a newborn for about 6 months and then he just went from that extreme to crawling and climbing and walking with things. I remember holding his 4lb 13oz 17 1/2 inches little self and now he is longer than my lap. Sawyer, I love you so much and I am so grateful to be your mommy! Watching you grow has been such a miracle and a gift! You are so smart and so loving. I was so afraid your prematurity would effect your growth and development, but so far you have proved to overcome those odds. I love cuddling with you and holding you. It makes my heart melt every time you reach out for me and when you lay your head on my shoulder. I love it when you say "mama" and when you follow me everywhere (most of the time anyway :) ) It makes me laugh when you seek me out when I have disappeared from your sight. I love the way you "walk" so stiffed legged and how you love to push around your sisters' stroller. I love your tickle spots and your cute, cold and sweaty feet. I love your crooked smile and your tiny little fingers. My wish for you, my son, is that you grow up know how much your Heavenly father, Savior, and family love you. I want you to grow up to be an honest, kind, and just man. I pray that you seek to have a close relationship with the Lord. I wish for you to be a loyal friend and to love all of those around you. I want you to strive to become all you want to be and I will be happy for you whatever path you choose to follow. Be true to yourself and stand for what is right even when it is the hardest thing to you. Your faith will guide you, never lose it. Do well in school. Getting a good education is essential to your future and securing your financial freedom.Wear out your knees praying fervently. Be a good husband and father and dedicate your life to your family. Never lose sight of what is important. Things are just things. You can't take them with you. Love, memories and time spent is what matters most. You are never alone. Remember, remember to love with all of your heart. Happy First Birthday my Boo Boo Baby Boy. We all love you so much!

At ONE Sawyer:

* Loves to play in the toilet
* Loves to splash in water
* Loves to cuddle
* Dislikes chunky food
*Loves to push around his sisters' pink stroller
*Loves ice cream
*Loves to play outside and get dirty
*Loves his daddy but his mommy more (wink, wink)
*Loves "playing" with his sisters. (More like taking their toys)
*Drinking from cups
*Loves giving Jakey and Spooky "lovies" (more like ripping their hair out!)

Happy Birthday Sawyer!!!

No comments: