Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Precious Babies. . .

My, how you have all grown. I love being your Mommy. I only hope that I can do right by you and raise you the way Jesus would want me too. Being a mom isn't easy. Especially, when you do daycare. It is easy to get frustrated, overwhelmed, and irritated. I hope that during these times I can find the strength to cling to the moment and remember that you won't be little forever. I want to be a good mom and I know that many times I lose my cool and disappoint you, but I love you all undoubtedly with all my heart. You are everything to me and I am so honored to be your mother. I don't deserve you, so I only hope that I can do the best I can by you and give you everything you need and deserve from a mother. I know I need to try harder and work harder to be a better mother. I need to make more time to give you and worry less about how my home looks. I want to enjoy my children again and enjoy being home with you. I don't want to waste or miss a moment with you. Like the rays from the sun, I want to soak it all in. Every bit of it I want to enjoy. . .the good with the bad. . .I know it won't last forever and that is what I am afraid of; wasting this time with you and taking you guys for granted. I know I have already made so many mistakes as a mother, trying to raise good children. I have not always set the best example for you to follow. I want to change for you and be better for you. So, I say a little prayer in my heart that when I am tempted to become angry or withdrawn or distracted from what is REALLY important that reality will reach out and slap me in the face and I will be reminded that I have made an eternal commitment to be the best mother that I can be for you and that I need to be more patient and kind and loving. That I need to laugh instead of becoming angry, speak softly when I feel like screaming and give you a big hug when they are being just downright naughty. All too often I have found myself taking for granted those that I love most. It is time to stop and relax a little (okay a lot) and just enjoy the moment. I know that one of these days I will turn around and you will all be grown. There are no second chances. Please, Heavenly Father, help me to remember this . . . there are NO second chances. I love you my babies. I am sorry for the way I act and treat you sometimes. I promise to do my best to change what needs changing.

I love you, please never forget that,
Mom

No comments: