Saturday, May 16, 2009

Up, Up, and Away!!!

Last Tuesday we had a nice breezy day. Lily had gotten the most amazing Disney Princess kite from my cousin Mandy for her third birthday and we had yet to try it out. We thought it would be the perfect day to give it a trial run! Lily was so excited!!!

The wind was being tricky once we got to the park, so we had a hard time
keeping the kite in the sky for long. Lily wanted a turn sooo bad and was very sad to have to wait.
Finally, Daddy got the kite in the sky and Lily got to help hold the string.Look at the height!! Haha! But every once in awhile the wind would really pick up and get the kite swirling around like crazy and then it would start swooping up and down. At these times, I found myself running for my life to get out of the way in fear it would come down on my head and pound me into the ground!Doot Doot was having fun just running around.
Lily was very proud to get to help hold the kite.
Then I thought, "what the hey!" and let her hold it by herself. She did a very good job and we even got it into the sky for awhile.
It didn't get too much higher then this, though, but she didn't seem to mind!

Daddy got it higher!
Alex eventually decided to sit down and enjoy the show!

No comments: